Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Why You Shouldn't Wear An iPod In The House

I'm on the verge of being diagnosed with something I see as being way more scary than post-partum depression, anxiety and OCD put together.  I'll wait until I see my psychiatrist next week before I elaborate.  But that's not the point of this post.  The point is that I am trying to find natural ways to keep my mood elevated.

One of the things I'm doing is wearing my iPod in the house.  There's just something about having music piped right into your ear canals that changes the listening experience.  When Kat is napping or when Mike is around to tend to her, I throw the ear buds in and groove my way around the house, listening to my life's personal soundtrack.

BUT....

BUT....

BUT....

If you ever find yourself grooving along to Martin Solveig's "Hello"* while you're in the bathroom, taking care of unladylike business, make sure you lock the door.  Because it's almost a guarantee that your husband is going to knock on the door (which you're not going to hear because of the music) and, when he gets no response, assume there is no one in there (the bathroom door is closed at all times so Kat doesn't dive head first into the toilet) and open the door.  What your husband will see will be forever burned into his retinas...his wife, silently jamming, swaying side to side and wiping her ass.

What has been seen cannot be unseen.

*my apologies if I have forever ruined this song for any of you

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Jyl, you totally just made me laugh out loud!! That is too funny and the picture in my mind is priceless. However, I do love that song and now I have a funny memory to go with it!!

    ReplyDelete