Sunday, July 29, 2012

I'm Limping For Her

On Friday night, Miss K tripped over the wooden beam that surrounds the outside planter.  She tumbled over on her side and scraped her ankle.  There were a few tears, but she bounced back quickly and resumed her normal level of play for the rest of the evening.

When she woke up on Saturday, the foot that she had scraped was swollen to twice its normal size and purplish/red in colour. I immediately freaked out and was positive she had broken a bone in her foot.  Miss K didn't complain at all and was able to walk on it, so my mind was a little bit at ease.  Still, I felt I needed to take her to the walk-in clinic.  A quick trip to the doctor relieved my fears...not broken, likely just sprained, and to keep icing it so the swelling goes down.  Shortly after we got home, Miss K came clomping out of her bedroom with her hot pink high heels and proceeded to jump around the kitchen. Yup...definitely not broken!

The sight of her poor foot makes MY foot ache!

Her outside ankle has completely disappeared

The swelling starts just below her toes and extends up past her ankle.
And, yes, those are my hot pink Crocs you see in the lower left corner.  They NEVER travel further then the end of our driveway (unless Miss K bolts down the sidewalk and I have to chase her).
Please don't judge me :)

The strap on her sandal barely does up!  Have a I mentioned how bad I feel for her?!?

2 comments:

  1. Poor thing! Hopefully it's already on its way back to normal. I have to say ... when I read the start of the post I immediately thought of you falling through the wood at your cabin. Miss E has also been falling non-stop lately - Palmer does the same whenever he is in a growth spurt. I think it has something to do with getting used to their "new" height.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If a growth spurt is the reason behind her falling, she has been going through a "spurt" ever since she started walking LOL. She has definitely inherited my lack of coordination!

    ReplyDelete