Wednesday, March 19, 2014

On The Up And Up

Almost another month gone by and barely a post from me...I really want to post more in 2014 but time just slips by so quickly.  I'm currently posting from the store.  I should be tagging and steaming clothes, but instead I'm taking a moment to enjoy a Timmies and listening to some of my favourite tunes.  Of course, I have to keep the music quiet so I can hear the door chime if a customer comes in :)

I'm thankful to report this last month has been a stable one, in terms of mood. BUT one of my stupid meds causes weight gain so I'm struggling with wanting off that med before I become a bloated 400lb monster.  Mike keeps telling me he'd rather have me fat and happy than the alternative, but I'm not content with that.  If I'm going to get fatter, it's going to be because I'm stuffing my face with greasy food, not because some of some pill.

The store continues to thrive and continues to be my happy place.  Every morning, when I turn the key to unlock the doors, the same sly smile appears on my lips...this place is mine.  I created it.  I built it.  I've never known such happiness as when I'm behind the counter - either serving customers or prepping clothes.  As winter is slipping into spring, business is picking up more and more which, of course, makes me even happier.

On the note of happy businesses, tomorrow morning I will be attending the local business awards Legacy Luncheon to be awarded a plaque that signifies me as a finalist for a business award.  That was a long awkward sentence.  I was nominated for Young Entrepreneur of the Year and am now a finalist.  All the finalists get plaques.  The actual awards are in April where we find out the winners.  As they say at the Oscars, it's an honour just to be nominated :) I'm going to pretend the April gala is my Oscars and get my hair and make-up did for the evening.  Now it's just a matter of finding the perfect outfit - wonder if Chanel has any vintage plus size gowns kicking around?

Happy day to each of you :)

2 comments:

  1. Good for you and glad to hear from you!

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jyl, I love how you look for the humour in everything. That is a brilliant quality to have! And congratulations to you on your nomination - what an amazing feat!

    ReplyDelete