Friday, January 29, 2016

Five On Friday

{one} Both kids have had their share of illnesses this winter.  We just finished another round of the flu, with it still barely hanging on to Andrew.  Not the stomach flu…just fevers, chills, coughs and aches.  Lots of time spent sipping juice and relaxing on the couch for those two.  Hopefully we're done with sickness for awhile!

{two} I found out yesterday that my 20/20 vision is no longer 20/20.  I need corrective lenses.  Over the last few months, I've noticed a blur to my distance vision but thought it was just a side effect of Prozac.  Not so much.  I'm kind of excited to pick out glasses.  I had my eyes fixed with laser surgery in 2002 so it was a good run of fourteen years with no contacts or glasses.  Oh well..I'm sure I'll find a cute pair.  I guess this means I can stop wearing Mike's glasses now?

{three} I've been doing a bang up job of keeping on top of laundry.  As soon as the basket in our room is full, I wash it.  No, I don't separate colours (gasp!).  The whole thing gets washed together.  Then, as soon is it comes upstairs, I sit at the table and fold it and put it away.  Same goes for the kids' baskets.  No more baskets of clean clothes hanging around! Huzzah!

{four} Six years ago, I started a "celebration journal".  It chronicles all the birthdays and holidays in our life.  Where we were, what we did, presents received, who else was there etc.  I missed a year or two when I wasn't feeling so great (and the journal got packed away downstairs…oops!).  But Christmas 2015 is now in the books…literally.  As well as Miss K's birthday celebrations (both her family party and friend party).  Next up to celebrate? Mine and Mike's dating anniversary in March (16 years!!!).

{five} I have another project that's bubbling and brewing and I'm bursting with excitement to share it with everyone but it's not quite time.  I have created a Facebook page already for this new venture but there's no graphics yet.  All in good time, it will be shared.  Until then, I'll keep working away on my little project :)

And so it goes...

1 comment: