Friday, November 11, 2016

Journey Of My Lifetime

My parents travel in the fall.  Whenever they go away, I worry that it may be the last time I'll see them.  I worry that they will become a blip in the newspaper about a Canadian couple missing in…wherever. I know any given day that either one of them could be "hit by a bus", but it just seems like travelling heightens the chances of something happening.

On the flip side, I know my mom worries about going away and leaving me, especially if I'm not doing well when they leave.  When they left for Japan this time, my mom left me a beautiful card that I want to share on here. I won't share the portion that she wrote…just the commercial version.  It speaks to me on so many levels and is just so…true.

You're on the journey of a lifetime…
A journey no one else will travel and no one else can judge - a path of happiness and hurt, where the challenges are great and the rewards even greater.
You're on a journey where each experience will teach you something valuable and you can't get lost, for you already know the way by heart.

You're on a  journey that is universal yet uniquely personal, and profound yet astonishingly simple - where sometimes you will stumble and other times you will soar.
You'll learn that even at your darkest point, you can find a light - if you look for it. 
At the most difficult crossroad, you'll have an answer - if you listen for it.
Friends and family will accompany you part of the way, and you'll walk the rest by yourself…but you will never be alone.

Travel at your own pace. 
There'll be time enough to learn all you need to know and go as far as you're meant to go.
Travel light.
Letting go of extra baggage will keep your arms open and your heart free to fully embrace the gifts of the moment.

You may not always know exactly where you're headed, but if you follow the desires of your heart, the integrity of your conscience, and the wisdom of your soul…then each step you take will lead you to discover more of who you really are, and it will be a step in the right direction on the journey of a lifetime.

Thanks Mom!

And so it goes...


2 comments:

  1. Hope you're having really good days and enjoying the journey and learning something on each step of that journey. We're safe in Seoul - staying away from the huge protests that are going on here. Lots of love, always, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mom! Glad to hear you're safe!

    ReplyDelete