Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Happy 6th Birthday, Miss Katelyn!

Dear Miss K,

Last night as I lay in bed with you, your last night of being a five year old, you quietly whispered, "I love you, Mommy".  I replied with my "I love you, too".  Your response was the usual, "We love each other" and my rhyming answer of "Yes, we do".  This has become the standard way we say good night to each other and I love it.  I love laying in bed with you, talking and giggling before you drift off to sleep.  Bedtimes have become so much easier, the older you get (as they should).

You are at such a fun age.  You are curious and ask a million questions a day (post coming up on that later).

You are so kind-hearted.  You are a mother hen to everyone younger than you.  Or older.  Doesn't seem to matter.  Even your little brother.  When he's hurt or crying, you're the first to give him a hug and a kiss.

You are generous - always willing to share whatever you have.

You are polite - you always ask before doing something, always say please and thank you.

You are spirited - when you are tired or hungry, you can be a little testy, but nothing that a hug from Mom can't fix.

You are loveable - always ready to dole out hugs and kisses.

You are independent - ready and willing to try things on your own.

You are imaginative - you make up stories and games all the time.  You talk to yourself (just like your Mama) and create little scenarios.

You are sensitive - this can be a good thing as you are sensitive to others feelings and don't like to hurt them.  The downside of this is that your feelings easily get hurt.  Again, nothing that a hug and a chat from Mama can't fix.

You are a believer - we almost caught that rascally Elf at Christmas time!  And you were amazed when the tooth fairy showed up while you were still awake!

You are all about Monster High right now - you love the dolls and watch the show on Netflix.  You LOVE Minecraft and spend time creating elaborate houses and structures.  You are artistic and love to draw all different types of faces.  You have no trouble spelling and writing your own name.  You are reading at about a grade two level (Berenstain Bears books all by yourself!!) and LOVE stories!  You love spaghetti, apples, banana bites, peanut butter and jam sandwiches and macaroni.  You love chocolate milk!  You love bouncing on your bed with your little brother, doing somersaults and tricks and showing Andrew how to do the same thing as you.  You love your dance class and soccer.  You used to love swimming until the life guard had a chat with you about staying closer to Grandma (see the sensitivity clause above).  Now you are a little hesitant to go, but you still do.  You love going to gymnastics with Grandpa.

You, my sweet girl, are the light of my life.  I miss you when you are at school and watch eagerly for the bus to drop you off.  You are growing up too quickly for my liking.  You are my mini-me and that's both a good and bad thing.  You have high anxiety just like me, but we're working on pushing through that and doing things anyways, despite the anxiety (Mama needs to take a cue from you with regards to subbing!!). You are my reason for living.  You are on my mind from the minute I wake up and the last thing I think of before I fall asleep.  You, my little monkey, are my everything.

I love you!

Holding my baby girl for the first time!

Fresh out of the ICU after needing emergency surgery (me, not K)

Snug as a bug in a little green rug

A wee smile

Officially one year old (taken at 6:26pm)

Officially two years old!

Officially three years old!

Officially four years old!


I can't find K's official five year old pic in my mess of iPhotos! Her official six year old pic will be posted on FB later tonight :)

And so it goes...


No comments:

Post a Comment