Saturday, April 30, 2016

One Quick Post For April Just To Say I Did It

{one} I had a crown prepped for my tooth a week ago and I should have asked for some T3s.  I'm a wussy when it comes to dental work (and I've had more than my fair share done what with my dental implants) and this temporary crown has been quite painful.  I hope once the real crown is on, the pain stops.  We shall find out on Wednesday

{two} We've been waiting forever for Mike's income tax refund to show up so we can book another trip to Vegas.  Two groups of our friends have already booked for November and we don't want to be left out of the fun!  This time, instead of the Venetian, we'd be staying at Treasure Island.  As beautiful as the Venetian is, it is just a bed to crash in at the end of long days of walking and gambling and eating and drinking and shopping!

{three} Our neighbours to the south of us have listed their house and that makes me quite blue.  We've gotten to be good friends over the years and our kids play together quite well (always a few fights thrown in just to keep things real).  I don't like change and don't want someone new in the house.  What if they're total yutzes?  What if they don't tolerate our shitty yard the way our current neighbours have? As excited as I am for my neighbours to move on to bigger and better houses, I'm sad for us to be losing such great neighbours.

{four} Early Childhood Intervention has been coming to see Andrew once a week for the last month or so.  So far, all we've been doing is assessments on him.  Can he hop forward (no)? Does he walk up the stairs one foot on each step (no…Katelyn doesn't even do that)? Once the assessments are all done, we'll start looking at how we can work with him to better prepare him for preschool. I realllllllly want him to "make it" in preschool this year and not be asked to leave again.  He'll do the year three class again even though he will be four.  Then (with hope) he'll do the year four class when he's five and then kindergarten when he's six.  I think it'll be the best for him to hold him back.  He still has tantrums like a two year old.  He's delayed…just not sure in what way.

That's all I can think of for now….sorry for not blogging more in April.  I had some down days and didn't feel much like sharing our life at that point.  Hopefully I can pull myself out of this slump and post a little bit more in May!

And so it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment