Friday, July 8, 2011

This Moment: The Grandfather Edition

{this moment}– a Friday ritual. A single photo capturing a moment from the week. A simple, special, extraordinary moment. A moment I want to pause, savor and remember...

These photos aren't from this last week.  
They are of my grandfather and Kat.  
He passed away this morning.  

Strong
Stern
Firefighter
Gardener
Fisherman
Bear hugs
Crushing handshake
8:00 eyedrops
"Wash your hands after eating and don't touch the walls on the way to the bathroom"
"I'm just resting my eyes"
Hurricane Waldner
Legacy
Loved oh so much




6 comments:

  1. Sending you a big, big hug. So sorry to hear about your grandpa, so glad for the time Miss K got to be with him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear of your grandpa's passing J, I'll be thinking about you today.
    Take care,

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh man, sorry to hear this news, Jyl. Praying for peace for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear your sad news. Thinking of you and your family. XOXO

    ReplyDelete