Friday, November 18, 2016

Five On Friday

After the week I've had, let's lighten up the mood a bit on here…here's my five on friday for this week…

one} I ordered a laser background for both of the kids' school pictures.  Katelyn actually chose it and I liked it so decided to keep Andrew's the same.  Andrew's school pics haven't come back yet, but K's look awesome!!

two} I think I've narrowed down our trip…we would likely do Disneyland, Universal Studios and SeaWorld.  I'm basing this on the responses I got to my call out for help with deciding on where we should go. I'm also basing it a little bit on Becky's pictures on IG of her current trip to the above mentioned places.

three} I'm almost ready for Christmas (with regards to the kids anyways).  I've bought quite a bit off Amazon and only need to pick up a few stocking stuffers from local stores. I still have to do all the shopping for Mike (Joel gets movies off Amazon)…one quick trip to Canadian Tire will take care of most of that!

four} We decorated for Christmas last weekend.  I know it may seem early to some, but we couldn't wait! I love the glow of the Christmas tree in the evenings and in the early morning hours. The Elf won't make a stop by here until December 1st, although he did make one quick trip to welcome the kids to the holiday season :)

five} After more than ten years of buying clothes exclusively from Penningtons, I finally fit into something from Old Navy (granted it was still their plus size line but who gives a shit?).  I bought Miss K's Christmas dress and boots from Old Navy and wanted a sweater for Andrew that matched her dress.  I ended up finding a loose cardigan for myself in the same colour.  I wasn't sure if it was going to fit, but Old Navy has free return shipping so I figured, "Why not?".  It showed up yesterday and, lo and behold, it fit! I have lost twenty pounds over the last two months so I think that plays into fitting into the Old Navy clothes!

And so it goes...

2 comments:

  1. What are your go to stocking stuffers? I'm doing most of my shopping online - but need to get to a few stores for stocking as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Karen! My go to items are toothpaste, socks, gum, chocolate, flosser picks, lip gloss, a Christmas ornament, Archie comics, Play Doh, blind bags (Shopkins, mine craft)…that's all I can think of for now! It seems to get easier the older they get…since you can't really buy small items for babies :)

      Delete