Sunday, March 17, 2019

Flip Flop

So, after trying reiki, hypnotherapy, yoga and acupuncture, I'm feeling pretty well rested. Reiki was amazing for feeling the energy flow through me. Hypnotherapy was super cool and I will definitely be going back....she gave me some great tips and tricks for dealing with my anxiety. Yoga? I hurt my back in one of the resting poses. It was restorative yoga which is building little nests and relaxing for 15-20 minutes at a time. During the face down pose, I hurt my back. FML. Actually, with each treatment, I've hurt my back. Something about laying flat out does bad things to my lower back.
Acupuncture will continue on a weekly basis. I was worried about the needles but I barely felt them! Luckily, my chiropractor is the one who does my acupuncture so she was able to work on my back immediately after I hurt it :)

So what's the flip flop? Here's the sitch...I am desperate to work. I want a job. THE job. I have two great opportunities coming up and I would take either one. I've been in talks with some other women who deal with mental health issues and are on a variety of meds. We've discussed a lot of stuff and I've now flipped back from wanting to go off all my meds to being comfortable with being blitzed out on them. I'll do whatever I need to do in order to be able to work without anxiety. I haven't put in a full five day work week in YEARS. Or possibly ever. I can't remember.

I'm definitely in a better head space than I was in September when I quit the pen. Last year was a transitional year for us in so many ways and I think that affected more than I realized. Between east meets west medicine and holistic practices, I am confident that I will be at peak performance sooner rather than later.

I wouldn't be me if I didn't change my mind rapidly and repeatedly. Cheers to a new path!

And so it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment