Tuesday, March 5, 2019

My First Reiki Experience Was Divine

This morning, I had the opportunity to go for my first Reiki appointment. I didn't do a whole bunch of research into what goes on during reiki appts, but I knew there was the possibility of heat sensation where the healer's hands were...I was so unprepared for all the rest of the feels. Here's how it went down...

I met with Jennifer and had an instant liking for her. She had a very calming, gentle and wise presence. We chatted for a few minutes about what brought me to seek reiki and I talked about wanting to get past my anxiety so that I can work. Then, she told me about herself. As she talked about her grandmother being a medicine woman and of her mother's time in residential schools and of reconnecting with her culture, I knew I was in for a great session. There was just this...this...wisdom flowing out of Jennifer. She is my age, if not younger, but her presence and stature were of undeniable strength and pride. She talked about grandfather stones and sweat lodges and the more she talked, the more calm I became.

I laid down on the table and Jennifer began by brushing off her own energy so that my energy would be the sole focus. There was music playing and every so often, a chime would sound. This was when Jennifer would move her hands to a new position. She started off by hovering her hands over my forehead. I didn't "feel" much in the way of energy. But when the chime sounded and she moved her hands to either side of my head, I instantly felt a rolling sensation underneath my head and neck. I went so far to ask if she was kneading the table with her knees from underneath. "No", she softly laughed, "that's your energy shifting!" It felt incredible! Jennifer mentioned how hot her hands were and how that was a good sign because I was responding to the treatment.

When she placed her hands over my stomach, it felt as though someone laid a heating pad on top of me. Every other part of my body felt cool (I was only in a tank top and yoga pants), but my stomach was heating up! As she moved her hands down over my right leg, my left leg was cold and my right leg was super warm! It felt so odd!

After a half hour, she got me to roll onto my stomach to cleanse my chakra (a colon cleanse is a completely different thing...don't get the two confused like I did).  Once I was comfortable, she laid down six or seven grandfather stones along my spine. Shortly after they were placed on my spine, it felt like they turned into ice cubes....super cold up and down the entire length. I'm not sure what happened next as I fell asleep for the next half hour. I woke to her brushing off my arms and legs to clear the energy.

Once I sat up, she handed me THE grandfather stone that had been placed between my feet. She asked me to hold it between my palms and see if it would speak to me. Over and over again, the message of, "Everything will be okay. Everything will be okay" kept repeating. I just about cried from relief, but I held it in. Next, she put a drop of Frankincense on my hand and got me to rub my hands together, cup my hands around my nose and mouth and breath deeply. I instantly relaxed once more. And with that, the session was over.

In the main reception area, we chatted about our mutual dislike of migraines and how we found relief. As we were about to part ways, something told me to hug her. So I asked if I could and she obliged. I'll say this...her hug was just as soothing and comforting as the hour long treatment I just had.

My instructions for the day were to drink lots of water and have a nap. I think I can do that quite easily :)

And so it goes...

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a very soothing session. Hope the good feelings continue.

    ReplyDelete