Friday, January 15, 2021

Five on Friday

 She's been a while since I've done one of these...let's see how it goes :)

1) As online learning for the Littles comes to an end and they are back in school next week, I am getting more and more excited for the opportunity to sub. I have my sub bag ready, my first day's outfit ready to go and my calendar cleared. Like I mentioned before, I am focused on the students and going in with the attitude that it will be the best day ever for all of us.

2) We got our upstairs painted in anticipation of listing our house. Not gonna lie - I miss the orange. It was warm and cozy. This grey is bland and cold. Next up? Getting a new vanity installed and putting the new baseboards on (have to paint them first!).

3) I was in the process of switching counsellors (from a counsellor to a psychologist) for the purposes of "going deeper". I decided that with coming off my meds, now is not the time to rock the boat with digging deeper into issues. So I've decided stay with my current counsellor who knows me better than I know myself ;)

4) Shandi keeps on trucking along, given her old age. She is completely deaf which makes things interesting when she's in our back yard and it's time to come in. Because our yard isn't fenced right to the house, we have to walk her to the gate. We smoke and then it's time to come in. At 11:00 at night, it's clapping hands and whistling and doing everything short of a monkey dance to get her attention to come back in. God bless her aged soul!

5) I cut my hair last week to a shaved sides, longer on top new do and I am in love with it....it is a little bit bad ass and maybe that's the push in the right direction I need to get off my ass and start working out...all in good time!!

And so it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment