Friday, November 20, 2015

Five On Friday

one} Today's the day we've been waiting nine long months for - we leave for five days and four nights to Las Vegas!  I don't know what I'm most excited for…the Titanic Exhibit or the buffets (a fat girl's gotta have food choices!).  I'm excited to rest and relax a bit…we're staying in a luxury suite at the Venetian and I'm pumped to just chill out in the mornings with coffee and my vape.

It took a lot of work to get ready for this trip.  First, there was setting up respite care for Joel and then eventually getting him packed up with all his travelling paraphernalia (pillows, dvd player, movies, extension cords, medicine etc).  It took three hours to check him in the respite home so I'm so thankful we sent him yesterday and not today!

Secondly, there was getting the kids' packed up to go to grandma and grandpa's (or as Andrew calls them, Nawgi and Bunga).  Katelyn needed a laundry basket all for just her activity equipment (skates, helmet, soccer gear and dance stuff).  Katelyn was worried and anxious over staying at G and G's for so long, but I did my best to quell her fears and promised that we'd phone everyday.

Lastly, getting the house in order and ourselves packed.  I like to come home from vacation to a clean house so I was scurrying around yesterday scrubbing toilets and cleaning the kitchen, picking up toys and folding laundry.  Does anyone else do this?  Or is it just me?

two} Katelyn has taken over "orange bed" from Mike.  Orange bed is what she calls our bed because we used to have orange sheets for it.  Mike now sleeps on Katelyn's bed.  Before you get the picture in your mind of a 6'4" man curled up in a toddler bed, rest assure, Miss K has a double bed of her own.  But it is cute to see Mike cuddling with a pink, stuffed unicorn.

I like having K sleep with me.  There's something peaceful about having both of my children in the same room (Andrew's crib is in our room).  Their quiet breaths and sighs lull me to sleep.  Peaceful nights are what this mama needs!

three} I haven't subbed at all these last few weeks.  My psychiatrist suggested I take some time off from subbing since it gives me so much anxiety.  I book the jobs and then I back out of them the morning of because I'm too nervous to go.  My OCD kicks in to overdrive and I'm worried that I'm going to hit the students or shove pencils up their noses or other crazy things like that.  That triggers an anxiety attack which leads me to phoning the substitute coordinator and booking sick.  Anxiety is such a bitch to have…

four} Andrew is officially finished with speech language therapy.  Monday was his last appointment! For the longest time, Andrew barely spoke and when he did, we couldn't understand what he was saying.  Now? We can understand him 95% of the time!  Thank you to Jillian, our speech pathologist, for getting Andrew to where he is today!

five} Has anyone else tried Tim Horton's Sugar Cookie White Hot Chocolate? Oh mylanta, is it amazing!! I'm sure they're low calorie, especially when you get the whipped topping, so I try to limit myself to one every other day.  Speaking of Timmies, I'm sure going to miss it while we're in the States!  On that note, I best get finished packing!

And so it goes...

3 comments:

  1. I am so jealous you are in Vegas!!! I hope you are having the best time because if anybody deserves it, it is you my friend! I also try to leave my house clean for when I arrive home but unfortunately I am not very good at it and it's usually semi clean when we return. It's not dirty but messy from packing up and leaving stuff behind. I was at Tim Horton's on Saturday in between soccer games and I saw the sugar cookie hot chocolate but I didn't try it. Now I am regretting it!! Can't wait to hear all about your trip when you get home!

    ReplyDelete