Tuesday, November 22, 2016

The Worst Pain - Revisited

Oh, how naive I was when I wrote this post in June of 2012…if only I had known what was in store for me with regards to Andrew's birth.  Migraines ain't got nothin' on the pains of labour! We are done having children pretty much solely because I NEVER want to experience the level of pain that I did when Andrew was born. The only positive to the entire birth experience was that it was over rather quickly. An hour and a half from first contraction to Andrew's appearance.

There is no way I can describe the pain with his birth…I tried telling Mike to take the feelings associated with his worst crap and magnify that by a thousand…you'd come close to what I was feeling that day. My entire body was just rocked with contractions and there was no time to administer an epidural.  I was begging for morphine or fentanyl or anything…anything to take the edge off.  Nope.  No could do. They didn't even have time to get an IV into my hand.

So if I had to rewrite the list, Andrew's birth would now be at number one.  Here's hoping I never experience physical pain that tops that!

No comments:

Post a Comment